Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Executive's résumé effective, but there's room for changes

Richard May of Oradell has been searching for his next opportunity for more than a year. He has interviewed for a few jobs, to no avail. He is facing the same hurdles many experienced workers face in today's job market.

"During the last face-to-face I had, the president of the company said, "You are the oldest individual that I have interviewed for this position,'" he recalled in an e-mail. "When I told him that I wear my age as a badge of honor, he said my age was a good thing."

The position was non-salaried and commission-only. May never heard from that company again. Still hopeful, he is seekin a job with "any company that can maximize my talents to increase their profitability."


RECENT EXPERIENCE

1996-2008: Realogy Corporation. Vice president, education then vice president, education and events; supported the development and deployment of a strategic servicing platform for the Coldwell Banker brand.

1990-96: The Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York. Director, field training and development; created, implemented and monitored training and professional development programs for all field personnel.


STRENGTHS

Key areas of strengths include: Team leadership, events management, staff development and training, as well as P&L budget accountability, program implementation and developing strategic partnerships.


TOP ACHIEVEMENT

I, along with my Coldwell Banker University National Team, was recognized as the Coldwell Banker MVP Annual Award winner for displaying dedication, professionalism, leadership and peak performance on a daily basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment